Celebrating the Remarkable Women of TotalEnergies Marine Fuels
Blog Article - March 8, 2023
To mark International Women’s Day (March 8th), which celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women around the world, we are launching a series of profiles highlighting some of the remarkable ladies in key positions across TotalEnergies Marine Fuels.
In the coming weeks, we will be highlighting women leaders across the operations, safety, sales and other divisions of our business entity, and completing this series on May 18th - International Day for Women in Maritime - with a feature on Vice President of TotalEnergies Marine Fuels, Louise Tricoire.
According to a survey conducted by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) issued last May for the IMO’s inaugural International Day for Women in Maritime, just under 30% of the global shipping workforce is female. In the bunkering industry, just 10% of employees are women.
At TotalEnergies Marine Fuels, women make up 43% of our entity’s workforce and our senior management team has an exact 1:1 ratio of men and women today. This is a figure we are proud of but one we still aim to improve. Talent knows no boundaries; we know that by engaging and nurturing exceptional talent wherever we find it, we invigorate TotalEnergies’ culture and performance. Promoting diversity is a concrete way to support the Company’s net-zero climate ambition.
Our series aims to explore the six women’s roles, combined with their experience, expertise and passion for what they do – whether at the frontier of marine fuels development, in the high-intensity world of LNG trading or at the heart of workplace safety.
By sharing their stories, we hope to inspire others to push themselves to fulfill their dreams, whether within the shipping industry or elsewhere.
We hope you enjoy the series, which we will begin publishing on our website next Wednesday with the introduction of Laura Ong, Head of Bunker Sales & Operations Asia Pacific Department.
Latest Articles On Our Blog
- [Women Leading Change at TotalEnergies Marine Fuels] Laura Ong: I know It’s Difficult But It’s Not Impossible
- Celebrating the Remarkable Women of TotalEnergies Marine Fuels
- Interview By Le Marin: “For The First Time, New Fuels are Designed for the Marine Sector”
- ‘One TotalEnergies for Shipping’ takes center stage at Euromaritime 2022 in Marseille, France
- Launch of Singapore LNG Bunker Vessel, the Brassavola!
- Singapore Maritime Week 2022 Highlights Diverse & Action-Based Partnerships as Vital Step to Progress Shipping’s Decarbonization
- Why Biofuels are Critical In Shipping’s Future Fuel Mix
- Sea Asia 2021 Captures Key Discussions on Shipping’s Transition to Zero Emission Fuels
- Gastech 2021 Presentations by TotalEnergies Marine Fuels: Safety Considerations for LNG Bunkering of Passenger Ships and Ensuring High Compatibility of an LNG Bunker Vessel
- How To Advance Ammonia As A Marine Fuel: Charting A Path Towards Decarbonized Shipping